I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at POSTECH. Before joining POSTECH, I was a Postdoctoral Research Associate and Lecturer in the Department of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering (D-ITET) at ETH Zürich, working in SAFARI Research Group led by Prof. Onur Mutlu. I earned my Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and B.S.E. degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Seoul National University (SNU). At SNU, I was a member of Computer Architecture and Embedded Systems Laboratory (CARES) led by Prof. Jihong Kim. My research interests lie in computer architecture, system software, memory systems, storage systems, system security, and hardware/software interaction.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Seoul National University, 2019.
- B.S.E. in Computer Science and Engineering, Seoul National University, 2011.
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, POSTECH, 2022.09 – Present
- Postdoctoral Research Associate and Lecturer, Dept. of Infomation Techonology and Electrical Engineering, ETH Zurich, 2019.09 – 2022.08
Honors and Awards
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, National Research Foundation of Korea, 2020.09 – 2021.08
- Outstanding Ph.D. Disseration Award, Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, Seoul National University, 2019
- Naver Ph.D. Fellowship Award, Naver Corp., 2017
- Encouragement Prize, the 23rd Samsung Humantech Paper Award, Samsung, 2017
- Best Paper Award Nomination, the 53rd Design Automation Conference, 2016
- Bronze Prize, the 22nd Samsung Humantech Paper Award, Samsung, 2016
- Samsung Electronics Ph.D. Fellowship, Samsung Electronics, 2013
- Technical Program Committee, Design Automation Conference, 2023
- Reviewer, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Intergrated Circuits and Systems (IEEE TCAD), 2022, 2021, 2017
- External Reviewer, European Conference on Computer Systems (EuroSys), 2022
- Reviewer, IEEE Transactions on Computers (IEEE TC), 2020, 2019
- Reviewer, ACM Transactions on Architecture and Code Optimization (ACM TACO), 2020
- Reviewer, ACM Computing Surveys (ACM CSUR), 2020